London Quant is about seminars in quant investment practice.
We hold approximately six Evening Seminars per year in the City of London. They are announced on the front page of this website. Our Evening Seminars are free, but you must register to attend them.
Our Spring Seminar is held every year in May in central London and is announced on the website. Spring Seminars are one-day events, with attendance fees set according to the cost of hosting the event.
Our Autumn Seminar is held every year in September in either Oxford or Cambridge and is announced on the website. Autumn Seminars are two-and-a-half-day events, with attendance fees set according to the cost of hosting the event.
- Ashley Lester Head of Multi-Asset Research, Schroders
- Oğuzhan Karakaş Senior Lecturer in Finance, Cambridge Judge Business School
- Jose Menchero Head of Portfolio Analytics Research, Bloomberg
- Robert Macrae Associate, Systemic Risk Centre - LSE
- Dori Levanoni Partner, First Quadrant The (Mis)Information in Options
- Tim Nugent Thomson Reuters
- Michael Steliaros Managing Director, Goldman Sachs
- Steve Satchell University of Cambridge and Professor, Discipline of Finance, University of Sydney
- Pedro Saffi Reader, Cambridge Judge Business School Securities Lending
- Matthias Uhl Executive Director, UBS Applying news sentiment in trading strategies
- Ed Fishwick Managing Director and Global Co-Head of Risk and Quantitative Analysis, BlackRock It's risky to forecast
Seminar accommodation Book now to guarantee both a seminar place and accommodation. We have reserved rooms at the Malmaison Hotel (previously the Oxford prison) and Trinity College at very advantageous rates. Room reservation and seminar registration are combined. Room bookings are for three nights from the evening of the 9th to the morning of the 12th September 2018. There are two room types at the Malmaison Hotel created from the old Oxford prison. Cell Rooms are the converted cells in cell block A. The "Standard Room" - is spacious and comfortable, they're not old cells and they're slightly cheaper. Trinity rooms are comfortable and excellent value.
Dinners Informal dinner at the Malmaison on the evening of Sunday 9th. Formal dinner at Trinity on Monday the 10th Informal dinner at Cuttlefish Restaurant on Tuesday the 11th Annual Punting Challenge The annual punting challenge offers a unique opportunity to demonstrate your elegance, skill, fitness, power and luck in both punting and investment... Guests Guests are very welcome to all social events and guest tickets are available for £300 Cost and Registration The fee for this seminar is £1050 plus the booking fee and whatever accommodation you choose and of course the VAT. Apologies that the VAT and booking fees mean the final price to pay are sometimes very odd numbers! Click here to register
The Punting Challenge in Detail The challenge is an opportunity to demonstrate elegance, skill, fitness, power and luck in both punting and investment. It is also a chance to demonstrate asynchronous swimming, market-making, game theory, career planning, hedging, tail risk management, making and keeping friends. Punting is both easier and harder than it looks - but above all it is to be enjoyed with friends in a beautiful setting. Practice and instruction are typically organised on the Sunday before the seminar actually starts and depending on demand, or need, also on the Monday.
- Speaker: Kathrin Glau| Lecturer in Financial Mathematics at Queen Mary University of London
- Date: 12th June 2018 - 18:30 Place: Thomson Reuters, 30 South Colonnade, Canary Wharf E14 5EP
- Topic: Implied Volatility: An old problem with a new solution.
17 May 2018
Royal Geographical Society1 Kensington Gore SW7 2AR London United Kingdom from 08:45 to 17:00 (BST) map to the RGS is here (more…)
- Speaker: Giuliano De Rossi | Head of the European Quantitative Research team at Macquarie - London
- Date: 10th April 2018 - 18:30 Place: BlackRock, 12 Throgmorton Avenue, London EC2N 2DL
- Topic: Big is beautiful: How data from email receipts can help predict company sales